Sunday, 8 January 2017

Year Zero post 2016 part two .

So having discovered there was a name for this supposed fault, I started taking cameras apart and rebuilding them in earnest , looking for the novel and whatever I could squeeze out of these mistreated web-cams and cameras that I found in car boot sales and charity stores , the older the better , rewiring , making breakout boxes and strange contraptions of wire and solder .

 So to start with I just started taking shots with the cameras and poking around the innards with a few wires shorting across the ccds from contact to contact , the results were interesting to say the least and very very immediate  , but still based in an aesthetic that I was used too , still life or self portrait , the old aesthetic - what would happen if I really started to corrupt the electronics and push them to the point of failure rather than being happy just to get a few more interesting effects , what would happen if I threw everything I knew away ?



 



To push things to the point of destruction I would need a different tool , something I could control and play with in real time - to that end I made a break out box , so I could connect one or even two cameras together to bleed into each other . And a program called yawcam a free to use web cam monitoring and recording program.


Breakout box













So ya gotta shiny new mac and want to run linux scripts?

 So, you've sold your soul to the devil and bought a shiny new or second hand ( in my case ) mac book pro ( with the shiny new apple sil...