Wednesday 26 May 2021

Moving from YouTube.

 


Just a quick post from me to apologize in advance if some of what you are looking for in this blog has temporarily disappeared. Due to recent changes in the terms and conditions for YouTube  users I felt I had no option ( and this change gave me  the final kick needed ) to remove all of  my content from YouTube to Peertube and Vimeo . I'm furiously scanning through and updating blogs with new links to new uploads to maintain the content within them in a consistent manner and this might take a while so If you spot a dead link please feel free to comment or contact me via mastodon as @glitchbyte@mastodon.online.

More information on youtubes change in terms and conditions here https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2020/11/18/youtube-will-now-show-ads-on-all-videos-even-if-creators-dont-want-them/?sh=1c0cd6e64913

And a good overview of the situation in this video here https://tube.tchncs.de/videos/watch/06071f59-01be-448e-8b02-951e553f07b3

 


ikillerpulse ( requires tomato.py in working directory)

I've been working on this script for the last week or so. What does it do? It takes an input video/s,  converts to a format we can use f...